This Immersion will begin on Friday with and introduction into Islam and Judaism. Following a tour of the Al Forooq Mosque with Kemal Keucu we will head to the Atlanta Masjid of Al Islam for a presentation from Imam Plemon El-Amin. Following the Jumah worship service, we will tour Temple Sinai in Sandy Springs with Rabbi Mitch Cohen before enjoying Shabbat service with their congregation.
On Saturday participants will visit the Vedanta Center where we will hear from Brother Shankara before heading to the Riverdale Temple for an eye opening introduction into the Hindu faith with Manhar Valand. Finally we will finish up the weekend with a visit to the Drepung Loseling Monastery for an engaging introduction into guided meditation with Gareth Young.
- Dress comfortably with casual modest clothing.
- Scarves for women (Friday only).
- Socks recommended as we will remove our shoes before entering the Mosques, Hindu Temples and Buddhist centers. Also wear easy comfortable shoes.
- Bottled water will be provided for all on the bus.
- Please bring a sweater or long sleeves for those who get chilly in air conditioning.
- Bring a pen and small notebook for keeping up with key points and questions.
All openings are filled. Please join us for our next Immersion series coming this October 2014. For full details and to download a copy of the full schedule visit the ICI Events page.